VACANCY FOR HEAD OF FINANCE DEPARTMENT
The Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards (SLBS) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of:
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT – FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with a minimum of four years experience in a similar position or
- Chartered Accountant – ACCA, CGA qualified, plus (2) years experience in a similar position
- A Masters in Business Administration with demonstrated experience in program development and /or project management will be considered an asset
- Proven analytical, organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective communication and interface with internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of public sector accounting procedures will be considered an asset.
- Manage the accounting function of the Finance Department to ensure all transactions meet the requirements of the organization and the accounting standards.
- Ensure transactions are properly supported, authorized and recorded timely and accurately in the books of the SLBS.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly financial statements for approval by the Director.
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Budget and future forecast for the organization.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control.
- Prepare statutory financial statements.
- Co-ordinate the Statutory Audit; this entails the preparation and presentation of all schedules and documents to the Auditors.
- Ensure the implementation of proper internal controls in the respective departments to safeguard the organizational assets and that its overall objectives are met.
The Director – Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Method of Application
Application letters along with full curriculum vitae, plus two (2) references are to be submitted to the attention of:
Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards
Bisee Industrial Estate
Box CP 5412
REF: HODF 2022
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submission of Applications: 31st January 2023.
Please note that only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.