Post of Standards Assistant Compliance (Vieux Fort)
The Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards (SLBS) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of:
Job Title: Standards Assistant – Compliance
Location: Vieux Fort, Customs
- A Diploma or equivalent degree in Natural Science or equivalent plus three years of relevant experience.
- Three A-Level courses (including Natural Science) with Five CXC courses, including Mathematics, English, and a science subject, plus three years of experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Analytical skills including logical reasoning, critical thinking, and information analysis.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to function within a team.
- Have a flexible attitude towards a variety of work tasks as required in a small working group.
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with ASYCUDA will be considered a plus.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, skills, and relevant experience.
- To verify information on Customs and Excise Import Documents (SAD or Bill of Sight) with accompanying invoices, shipping documents, and concessions related to the Compulsory Standard Compliance Program (CSCP).
- To verify the application of SLBS fees.
- To assist with clerical duties including data entry.
- To re-route consignments in SLBS administrations Selectivity Lane.
- To complete import inspection forms related to the CSCP.
- To assist in clerical work including filing records, data entry, drafting correspondence, and preparation of reports.
- To assist in label assessment.
- To assist in inspection activity.
- Prepare relevant inspection forms.
- To assist in the collection of samples.
- To assist with planning inspection of goods wherever necessary.
- To assist in the market surveillance programme to ensure that products on the market comply with relevant compulsory standards.
- To assist with the implementation and maintenance of the CSCP.
Head of Department – Compliance – Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards.
Method of Application
Application letters along with full curriculum vitae, plus two (2) references are to be submitted to the attention of:
Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards Bisee Industrial Estate
Box CP 5412 CASTRIES
REF: SA_VF 2023
Deadline for Submission of Applications: November 24, 2023.
Please note that only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.