Vacancy-Executive Secretary / Assistant
The Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards (SLBS) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of: Executive Secretary / Assistant.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Management Studies/ Natural Science or related field with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar position or
2. Associate Degree in Business Administration/ Management Studies/ Natural Science with strong written and verbal communication skills plus four (4) years relevant experience.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Confidential and pass security clearances
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
• Detailed oriented.
• Excellent command of the Microsoft Suite
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, skills and relevant experience.
1. To provide superior administrative support in accordance with good practice.
2. To maintain a calendar of events and arrange schedules and meetings.
3.To assist with travel arrangements and accommodation for the Director. Coordinate with external agencies as and when necessary.
4. To exercise discretion and good judgment on matters of confidentiality. To maintain confidentiality.
5. To represent the Executive Office through correspondence, telephone and personal contact.
6.Have a working knowledge of the Bureau’s structure in order to answer a wide range of inquiries with unlimited interpretation of policies, procedures and practices.
7. To perform the following duties:
a. Drafting and typing correspondence.
b. Compiling and typing reports and minutes that may be assigned by the director.
c. Maintain up-to-date filing.
d. Prepare memorandum.
e. Maintain accurate and up-to-date lists of consultants and their addresses and telephone numbers.
Reports to The Director – Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards.
Method of Application
Application letters along with full curriculum vitae, plus two (2) references are to be submitted to the attention of:
Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards
Bisee Industrial Estate
Box CP 5412
REF: EXA 2023
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline for Submission of Applications: November 29, 2023
Please note that only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.