Post of Standards Assistant - Compliance
The Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards (SLBS) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of: Standards Assistant – Compliance.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Associate Degree – Natural Science with strong written and verbal communication skills plus three (3) years relevant experience and or equivalent.
2. Three (3) A-Level passes (Natural Science) with five (5) CXC Passes including Mathematics and English plus one (1) Science subject, plus three (3) years relevant experience and or equivalent.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
• Detailed oriented.
• Ability to function within a team.
• Excellent command of the Microsoft Suite.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, skills and relevant experience.
• To assist in clerical work including: filing records, data entry, drafting correspondence and preparation of reports
• To assist in label assessment (under the guidance of the Standards Officer or Standards Assistant-III)
• To assist in inspection activity under the supervision of a Standards Officer or Standards Assistant-III
• Prepare relevant inspection forms (under the guidance of the Standards Officer or Standards Assistant-III)
• To assist in the collection of samples (under the guidance of the Standards Officer)
• To assist with making arrangements for inspection of goods wherever necessary (under the guidance of the Standards Officer and/or Head of Department (Compliance)
• To assist in the market surveillance programme in ensuring that products on the market comply with relevant compulsory standards.
• To assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Compulsory Standards Compliance Programme (CSCP).
WHEN ATTACHED TO CUSTOMS AND EXCISE
• To verify information on Customs and Excise Import Documents (SAD or Bill of Sight) with accompanying invoices, shipping documents and concessions) related to the CSCP
• To verify the application of CSCP and or ISF fees
• To assist with clerical duties including data entry
• To re-route consignments in SLBS administrations selectivity lane (under the guidance of the
Standards Officer or Standards Assistant -III)
• To complete import inspection forms related to the CSCP
Head of Department – Compliance – Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards.
Method of Application
Application letters along with full curriculum vitae, plus two (2) references are to be submitted to the attention of:
Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards
Bisee Industrial Estate
Box CP 5412
REF: SA 2023
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submission of Applications: 26 September 2023
Please note that only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.